Saturday, September 5

settling

I'm currently spending a Friday night in my townhouse and without my three roommates. It might sound crazy but it's the best way to start off a 3-day weekend! After crashing for a few hours with Peggy on mountain campus I started my evening festitivities. Swung by my favorite Roman restaraunt, the Shrimp Boat, for some to-go dinner, next to the grocery to buy some girls night accessories, then back to the townhouse. I sat around for a while watching a chick-flick, doing laundry, and spending a girls night with myself. Once the laundry was finished and put away I just had the urge to finish my organizing, cleaning, and throwing away that I hadn't gotten to since moving in a couple weeks ago. I have to say these events were the perfect way to unwind from the first few hectic weeks of the semester and have some alone time.

I'm very glad to be back at Berry, but things are busy like usual and my courses seem to have more reading than ever before! Or maybe I'm actually trying to get the reading done this semester..? I'm not sure. Hannah and I have found our saving grace for the week - about a 10mile bike ride discovering new places on campus every Tuesday and Thursday afternoon. These have been really great times of not only excersize, but fun exploration, and catching up on life with eachother. Love it. I look forward to my relationships with friends this year and to seeing my family tomorrow for the Labor Day weekend. Now if I could just pause right here and not have to write those 8 or so papers and think about future after Berry for a while - that would be nice =)!

This is my abode for the year. Please notice, not only do I have my infamous world map, but I've included my routed map of California from last semester's spring break. I'll be putting more routes on there some day!

1 comment:

  1. I'm feeling my own sort of girls night break. I am alone to just relax, sip my reeds rasberry ginger ale, listen to pandora Wailin' Jennies radio and reflect on my crazy day. I finally bought a car today which marks the beginning of the next phase of my sabbatical semester. I'm relieved.
    your bike rides sound nice. I think tomorrow I might take my bike and do a long ride along the coast. No more car searching!
    love you. remember the "one day at a time" dictim. It comes in super handy when the future gets too big, eh?

    ReplyDelete