Saturday, August 15

movement

Leaving my home in Winder yesterday was unusually bittersweet. I spent the morning packing up last minute things, having breakfast with a dear friend Laura, and then packing my truck. My brother and I carried the boxes from my room, outside into the blistering heat of August in Georgia. I couldn't have been any more thankful for Ryan that morning. Not merely because he was helping me carry heavy boxes, but because he made the time to help and be with me. Thursday morning a song came on my stereo while I was in the shower that got me all nostalgic about the house that we grew up in on 3rd Avenue and yesterday continued on that path of memories, family, and the idea of "home." Not that I lived at my parents' house for very extended periods of time this summer, but it was where I came home to after visiting other family members or working at various places. I realized that it's possible I will not live at my parents' house for any length of time again. After I graduate college in May, Winder may or may not be where I end up for a while... I'm excited about leaving some things about the town in general, but getting out from beneath my parents' roof for good is a little saddening.
All of that said, this is the most excited I've been for the school year to start that I can remember. I love the friends that I live with, am surrounded by, and hopefully will meet this year. My course load isn't heavy and it's filled with things I want to learn more about. I only have one job and the normal responsibilities of a student, so therefore I'm going to have more time to spend with people I love and do the things that I enjoy.
This should be an interesting semester, and year, to say the least.

No comments:

Post a Comment