Sunday, May 10

the return

I've made it back to the East coast and it seems like I've been 'busy' but really I think it's been just right!
I was picked up at the airport by both parents and my brother, Ryan - couldn't have asked for anything more! I was happy to be home after a long day of smooth traveling and especially happy to see my brother for the first time in four months.

After unpacking only what was necessary I started in on the jet-lag battle of sleep. My couple days in Winder were spent visiting with my parents and brother, a handful of friends, my church family, my grandfather and his wife, and re-packing for a reunion trip to Berry. I set sail for Berry and after just one stop-over at Waffle House (because of the jet-lag battle again) for coffee I entered the Bubble for the first time since December. The welcoming committee struck gold: Hannah yelling my name and us making a run for our first embrace, Kimmy and Danae coming outside because of the commotion, and entering a townhouse of love to tell stories and exchange gifts... perfect! The week was shared with my best friends and filled with relaxation, exactly what I needed. Throw in a suprise dinner with the BOLD staff, coffee and conversation with Nathan and the girls, and babysitting Olivia and catching up with the Sands with Stephie. I was thankful for the handful of items that I was packing up to take home, opposed to all the other cars in the parking lot packed to the brim.

Leaving the Bubble again, I made my familiar trek back through Atlanta to Winder again for just another night. This afternoon was spent with Kristi, finally we got to spend some time together. We checked out the new shopping center in Barrow County, yes there is a Target - believe it... and snagged some dinner only to continue our catching up another time because I would be off again the very next day. After a little Mom's day celebration I traveled down past the Gnat line into Milledgeville. I'll have to post a picture from my trip - I saw a double rainbow for the first time ever, it was beautiful. I've made it to the Georgia College & State University's Outdoor Center Lodge where I'll be staying during my Wilderness First Responder Course - 8 days and I'll be on my way back to Winder.
I guess we'll see where I go from there =)

3 comments:

  1. Be careful--before you know it, Nathan will have you buying the coffee. You should be prepared for when he tries his "I forgot my wallet routine".

    I also wanted to be the first person to ever make a comment on this blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to hear a little bit of your return events. Seems like it was just as you'd hoped and refreshing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comments =)

    Corinna - yes it's been really great so far, especially now that I'm finished with any course work until mid-August! WFR whooped me - talk about tired!

    ReplyDelete