Sunday, November 8

reinventing


This is the beauty of autumn at Berry in early November. The leaves are turning, some are on the brink, and many have fallen.
I've realized that with God, I'm reinventing my views and beliefs of what "religion" God is teaching me. I believe in God - no doubt, and I know that I found God through the Christian faith and for that I am thankful. I also believe that I will continue my connection with this God that I know - this God of love and God that is Christ. What I also believe is that God chooses how God wants to connect to each of God's children. God interacts very differently with each of us as unique children of God because of our specific needs, culture, knowledge, etc. I still believe that I am called to share the love of this God that I know and to follow God's teachings and seek God's direction for my life.
God has continually opened my eyes to wonderous aspects of the Divine that I cannot fully comprehend, but that I appreciate and strive to learn more about and to cling to. I have been blessed with an open mind and a yearning to learn and for that I am forever grateful. I love that I have been created this way and pray that I can share that with others. At this point in my life I am learning a tremendous amount about philosophical arguments, religious history, my beliefs and views of God and religion, and how badly I want for God to be the all encompassing love within my life - rather than a part of my life. Yes, I can debate philosophical arguments with the best of them on either side and seem quite unbiased, but from that I learn where my opinions and beliefs lie more deeply because I know all corners of the issue. Learning is a passion of mine and I don't take it lightly. I want to learn as much as possible and I believe that all learning will effect my life in some way. I love that.
The God I love and follow is a God of peace - not confusion.

No comments:

Post a Comment